HARD WORK AND DILIGENCE; BASES FOR GOV. IKPEAZU NUMEROUS AWARDS.
By Kingsley Maduforo
There is always a reward for hard work and behind every success,there is a story. Dr. Okezie Victor Ikpeazu, the governor of Abia State has remain one of the elected governors that has demonstrated a high level of hard work, through his quality leadership in managing the affairs of the state and providing adequate infrastructure to grow the economic stability of the state. Infrastructural development as key to fastrack growth and regional cooperation is one of the pillars of his administration.
Before the present administration, Abia State and Aba,which by every means is the commercial nerve centre if eastern Nigeria, has been plagued with certain lack of direction to steer its wonderful craftsmen to the peak of their beliefs and career. It has become a norm across Africa and probably the world hears that Aba has every existing prospective to be amongst the leading manufacturing hub in the world. But that has never come to fruition. Aba has all the indices. Aba has all the human capital. The creativity and will power to succeed have never been in doubt as long as it concerns Aba. But the challenge has always remain leadership, at the state level. Which governor will turn this tide.
Right now, the story is different. Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu has turned the tide dramatically. He believes in Aba. He knows Aba,and he has repeatedly proven in virtually every forum,that Aba can be the leading hub of Africa’s manufacturing industries in few years to come. In some awards ,the governor has been called ” entrepreneurial champion ,who not only excel in their corporate business but who excel in people and investors – friendly policies. The governor has taken to a laudable height amongst all the states in Nigeria “.
Gov. Ikpeazu outstanding performance in providing basic essential infrastructural amenities that enable drive development across the state, that has accelerated and facilitated socio – economic development in the state has been termed as one of the bases of his numerous awards. He is a leader with futurist ideas. His contributions to good governance and his numerous people – oriented projects speak volume and attest his readiness to create Abia of our dream.
The Governor has elevated governance, transparency, accountability, probity,good governance and democratic ethos to a higher level in his administrative style. Below are some of the outstanding awards of Gov. Ikpeazu, for his gaint stride in governance:
1. 2018 African Independent Television (AIT) Award. As the Outstanding Governor of the year.
2. Vanguard’s Governor of the year 2017 Award. For his exceptional leadership style.
3. 3rd DAAR Awards 2018. For Outstanding performance and good governance.
4. Governor of the year 2017 by the Editors of Verbatim Magazine, a Bi – weekly Abuja based publication. For his developmental vision and life transforming achievements in Abia State.
5. Inter Party Advisory Council (IPAC) Awards 2017,an association of all registered political parties in Nigeria. They honoured with an award for Excellence in governance for his commitment to entrance democracy in Abia State through the conduct of Local Government Elections and his commitment to the promotion of Made – in – Nigeria goods.
6. Independent Award. For his massive rebuilding of infrastructure in the state, particularly the commercial city of Aba.
7. Nigeria Entrepreneur Award. For strategically upholding the Made – in – Aba Initiative.
Awards are targeted at projects that are novel, highly impactful and show remarkable creativity or resourcefulness, to confirm it on person(s), hard work and diligence must be the bases. Governor Ikpeazu has been remarkable in office, these awards and more to come are well deserved.
Kingsley Maduforo,is a Media/Political Analyst,writes from Aba.